Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mets need Millar...




When I think of the Mets lack of heart (which by the way is the most important quality in baseball) I think of a perfect solution; Kevin Millar. Who is a free agent and still isn't signed. This was a guy who was the leader of the 2004 Red Sox team that was one of the toughest and grittiest squads this decade has seen. I drool when I think of this teams capabilities when their a little more willing to give 150% all the time. On the stat side of things, this guy still has plenty of pop, hitting over 20 homeruns last year, and would be perfect for a bench role on this team. He could spot Delgado against lefties and he can still play the outfeild. I really feel that after a #2 starter what this team should bring in is more heart and Kevin would be an awesome presence in the clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment